In his tenth year as a certified personal trainer, Tory brings a strong background of education, experience, and sports performance to Peak. Growing up as a competitive student-athlete, he received honors in both football and lacrosse throughout high school and college.
At Bowie High School, Tory was an all-county, all-conference, Maryland 4A All-Star Defensive End in football. He then continued his athletic career in college lacrosse as the Offensive Player of the Year at Southern Virginia University and as a top ten leading scorer in the nation while at Anne Arundel Community College.
Tory has gained knowledge of training for injury prevention and rehabilitation along with performance enhancement through years of education and hands-on experience. His training philosophy revolves around real science, current research, and the vital details that encompass success. Tory has trained nationally recognized high school, collegiate, and professional athletes and has been an integral part of these athletes’ progression to their respective ‘next level’.
Tory has experience training individuals with specific goals of health improvement, injury prevention & rehabilitation, pain alleviation, and performance enhancement. His goal for each and every client is to gain invaluable information of proper training and functional movement that will not only help achieve training goals faster but improve quality of life and performance for many years to come.
• Master of Science: Exercise Science; Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention (CALU)
• Bachelor of Science: Kinesiological Sciences (UMD)
• Associate of Art: Health; Personal Training (AACC)
• Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) - National Strength and Conditioning Association
• Corrective Exercise Specialist – NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
• Performance Enhancement Specialist – NASM
• Fitness Nutrition Specialist - NASM
• Certified Personal Trainer – NASM
• Certified Speed Specialist – NASE (National Association of Speed and Explosion)
Sports Performance Coach - USA Weightlifting